Apple Cranberry Breakfast Bars are currently my favorite treat to eat in the morning!
Apple Cranberry Breakfast Bars: It all began… A few weeks ago, I was scrolling through Pinterest and I wasn’t sure what I wanted what to make. My goal was to share a few fall-themed recipes this season, but I didn’t want all of them to be your typical holiday/fall recipes. I needed to start thinking outside the box.
So, I brainstormed ideas for a while. Then, I had a thought. I should turn basic-boring oatmeal-quinoa breakfast bar into flavorful apple-cranberry-pecan bars! That was when these Apple Cranberry Breakfast Bars were born. Once I made them, they tasted excellent. I didn’t realize how awesome they would turn out! Trying new things sometimes is the best way, because you may get new and awesome results.
After the first batch of these apple cranberry breakfast bars, I was hooked.
What’s awesome about this recipe, is that you can cut them into 16 bars and then portion them out for the week for breakfast.
This morning was wonderful! I woke up, grabbed two breakfast bars out of the fridge, and began my day.
I like to eat two breakfast bars in the morning, but of course, you can eat however many bars fill you up.
Watch the full Youtube tutorial here: https://youtu.be/9doe_PS7rZ8Print
Apple Cranberry Breakfast Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars
- 1 cup unsweetened, natural applesauce
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seed + 6 tbsp water)*
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup raw)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large apple (I recommend honey crisp)
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a 9” x 9” pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, flax eggs, almond butter, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Then, add oats, quinoa, baking powder, coconut sugar, hemp seeds and cinnamon. Mix together until well combined.
- Fold in apple cubes, cranberries, and pecans. The batter should be super thick.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Completely cool the bars on a wire rack, then cover and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours before cutting into 16 bars.
* To make a flax egg: Mix together flax-seed meal and water in a bowl. Let sit 10 minutes.
I love these breakfast bars are best served cold, but you may prefer them warm.
I eat 2 bars for breakfast, but you can eat however many you like. You can also freeze these bars in a ziplock bag and take one bag from the freezer the night before you plan to eat it.
Adapted from: Simply Quinoa
Loved these Apple Cranberry Breakfast Bars? Check out these other awesome recipes!