Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes with Hemp Hearts will be your new go-to side dish for any occasion! Get ready to impress with minimal effort.
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 pounds *mini Sweet Potatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the Chimichurri:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced into a paste
- ½ cup parsley (stems removed, before chopped), roughly chopped
- ¾ cup cilantro (stems removed, before chopped), roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon capers (optional)
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (Approx juice of ½ lime)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Hemp Hearts
Roast the Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse & pat mini sweet potatoes dry.
- Slice each mini sweet potato in half, lengthewise. If using regular sized sweet potatoes, cut into 3 even planks, lengthwise.
- Place sweet potato halves into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss until coated.
- Place sweet potatoes, cut side facing down, onto the prepared pan. The potatoes should not overlap.
- Bake mini sweet potatoes for 25 minutes, and bake 30-45 minutes if using larger potatoes.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
Prepare the Chimichurri-
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Taste to see if you need more salt, pepper, lime or other ingredient of your choice.
Assemble the Dish -
- Arrange roasted sweet potatoes on a serving plate, cut side facing up.
- Drizzle the sweet potatoes with the Chimmichuri. Be sure to give the sauce a mix before drizzling on the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with hemp hearts & add a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Enjoy!
- If you can’t find mini sweet potatoes, use regular and slice into 3 planks, lengthwise
- When making the Chimichurri, if you don’t want to spend time chopping the ingredients, you can pulse everything in a food processor until desired consistency.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: oven cooking
Keywords: Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes with Hemp Hearts, Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes, gluten free Chimichurri