Let's make the best Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets using plantain chips, almond flour, and rice flour to make the crispiest nuggets ever.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 oz bag Plantain Chips (I like the Barnana Pink Himalayan Sea Salt flavor)
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond flour
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill White rice flour
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, place plantain chips into a food processor and pulse until small crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, bash the chips in a zipped plastic bag using a rolling pin, until they resemble crumbs.
- Combine plantain-chip breadcrumbs, almond flour, white rice flour, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder and onion powder in a large bowl. Mix until combined & set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and non dairy milk.
- Carefully, add all the chicken cubes into the egg & non dairy milk mixture and toss with your hands, so all the chicken pieces are covered in the liquid mixture.
- Carefully, remove one chicken cube from the bowl and lightly shake off any excess egg.
- Place the chicken piece into the bowl of the plantain-almond crumb mixture and coat on all sides.
- Place the chicken cube onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat steps 6 through 8 until all the chicken nuggets are arranged on the baking pans.
- Drizzle each chicken nugget with olive oil or spray with cooking spray, before baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip each chicken nugget and bake an additional 3-5 minutes. Be sure to cut into the center of your thickest chicken nugget to make sure they’re fully cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying! Serve with your favorite spicy mayo or garlic aioli.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: chicken
- Method: oven
Keywords: baked chicken nuggets, gluten free chicken nuggets, plantain chips as breadcrumbs