- 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- 2 ½ tablespoons water
- 1 ⅓ cups Bob's Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter, softened at room temperature* (divided)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated/cane sugar
- 9 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate bar, divided (I used three 3oz chocolate bars)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To prepare the “flax egg” mix together a ground flaxseed meal with the 2 ½ Tbsp water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes, until it becomes a thick gel.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt ⅔ (roughly 6 ounces) of the semi-sweet chocolate at 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Be sure to save the remaining 3 ounces of chocolate for later! If you’re nervous the chocolate will burn, add 1 tablespoon of the vegan butter to the chocolate to help with melting easily.
- In a bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a handheld mixer with a bowl), combine the vegan butter, brown sugar, and granulated/cane sugar. Beat on medium speed 3-5 minutes, until combined and creamy. Mix in melted chocolate mixture.
- Next, mix the flax egg into the butter mixture just until combined.
- Pour the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into the butter-egg mixture and mix on medium speed just until combined.
- Chop ⅓ (roughly 3 ounces) of the chocolate bar into small pieces and fold into the cookie batter.
- Using a ¼ cup, scoop about 9 cookie dough balls onto the parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between each mound of dough. If making smaller cookies (totaling 18 cookies), scoop 2-tablespoonfuls per cookie.
- Refrigerate or freeze the dough for 15 minutes (if you have the time).
- Bake cookies for 18-20 minutes in the middle oven rack. Sprinkle cookies with flakey sea salt right after baking.
- Allow cookies to cool on a wire baking rack for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
Keywords: Gluten Free Chocolate Fudge Cookies, Chocolate Fudge Cookies, fudge cookies, brownie cookies, gluten free brownie cookies