Making a Gluten Free Dutch Baby couldn't be any easier than simply blending ingredients in a blender and baking in a buttered skillet! You can make this recipe for breakfast or even brunch.
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 3/4 cup full fat oat milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, fine sea salt or table salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add all ingredients, except for the butter, to a blender and blend until smooth; about 15 seconds.
- Allow the batter to sit for 10 minutes if time allows.
- Place a 9” or 10” oven-safe cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Carefully, remove the pan from the oven and add the butter and swirl around until it coats the pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Tilt the pan to evenly distribute the batter, if needed.
- Bake until the dutch baby is puffed and golden, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with confectioners sugar, berries and maple syrup!
- I love to serve this with fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Plus a sprinkle of powdered sugar! You can also add a drizzle of maple syrup or even a dollop of whipped cream if you like. Move berry preserves? Add a swirl to the batter before baking for a cool marbled effect.
- Best made right before serving.
- Be sure to use a Cast-Iron skillet in this recipe. If you don't have a cast iron skillet, you can use an oven-safe pan or baking side, about 9" to 10".
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: gluten free dutch baby, gluten free pancake, gluten free dutch baby pancake