Get ready to fall in love with this Gluten Free Greek-Style Panzanella Salad, made with the freshest of tomatoes & cucumber, along with other veggies, homemade croutons & delicious creamy greek dressing!
For the Salad:
- 4 Pure Flavor® Organic Mini Cucumbers, sliced into circles
- 1 container Pure Flavor® Organic Sangria® Medley Tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ cups chopped asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 “ pieces (remove the bottom 1-2 inches of stems first) (approx ¾ of a bunch)
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 2 cooked beet (I recommend store-bought cooked), cubed
For the Croutons:
- 6 slices gluten free bread, cut into 1 ½” cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 clove garlic, minced finely
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dairy free yogurt (I recommend the Silk Oat Yeah Vanilla yogurt)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (regular or vegan)
Prepare the Croutons:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place bread cubes onto the pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Once cooked, allow to cool on the pan completely, before adding to the salad.
Prepare the Dressing:
- In a medium container or bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients until well combined and creamy. I like to use a container or glass jar, seal with the lid, and shake to emulsify all the ingredients.
Prepare the Salad:
- To blanch the asparagus, bring a pot filled with at least 4 inches of water to a boil.
- Carefully add the cut asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Immediately, transfer the blanched asparagus to a bowl filled with ice cold water for 1 minute.
- Then, place the cold asparagus onto paper towels to dry.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients: sliced cucumber, halved tomatoes (both kinds), blanched asparagus, olives, avocado and beets.
- Mix in the cooked & cooled croutons.
- Before serving, drizzle ¾ of the dressing over the salad and toss until all ingredients are coated in the dressing. Taste and add more dressing if needed. Enjoy!
- Category: Salads
Keywords: Gluten Free Greek-Style Panzanella Salad, panzanella salad, greek salad, gluten free greek salad, summer greek salad