Let’s use Jovial pasta to make one of my favorite dishes!
One of my favorite foods to eat is pasta, specifically @jovialfoods gluten free pasta! It’s my favorite brand of gluten-free pasta!
Mix in some homemade ground lamb meat sauce and you’ve got a fancy-schmancy, yet easy dinner ready in 30 minutes.
Thank you @jovialfoods for sending me their awesome pasta!
Gluten-Free Pasta with Ground Lamb Meat Sauce
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: pasta
- Method: stovetop
2 lbs ground lamb
2 tbsp avocado oil
2 small onions or 1 large onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, crushed
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, quartered
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup red wine (sweet or dry will work)
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp dried oregano
½ teaspoon black pepper
1, 16 oz box brown rice pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside for later.
- Heat avocado oil in a large pan on the stove over medium heat. Add chopped onion to the pan and saute for 5-8 minutes until golden. Mix in the crushed garlic and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes.
- To the pan, add the ground lamb and salt. Break the ground lamb into small chunks with a spatula. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes until the lamb is fully cooked. Spoon out any excess liquid (oil) that the lamb produced.
- Pour the red wine into the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes until it has reduced.
- Finish off the meat sauce, by adding in the can of crushed tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, oregano and black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste the meat sauce and add more spices if needed.
- Mix the meat sauce with pasta. Enjoy!