- 3, 10 ounce bags frozen peaches
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch or cornstarch
Batter & Butter:
- 6 tablespoons plant-based butter, sliced into cubes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup oat milk or other plant based milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine frozen peaches, sugar and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Cook on medium-low heat, stirring often, about 8 minutes, until peaches have softened.
- Mix the arrowroot or cornstarch into the peaches and cook for another 3-5 minutes, bringing to a simmer. Then, turn off the heat & set aside.
- Place the butter cubes into the baking dish and place in the oven for 2-4 minutes or until butter is completely melted. Remove from and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the sugar, vanilla, gluten free flour, baking powder, and salt. Then, whisk in the oat milk until a thick batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into the pan of melted butter and carefully spread into an even layer. Don’t stir the batter with the butter!
- Use a spoon to carefully place the cooked peaches over the batter so they’re spread out evenly across the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool at least 30 minutes to allow the butter to soak into the cakey parts of the cobbler.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream & enjoy!
- Serve cobbler with vanilla ice cream or your favorite ice cream flavor of choice!
- I recommend letting the cobbler cook at least 30 minutes otherwise it can taste too buttery. The butter needs time to set and sink into the peaches/batter areas as it cools. It sounds funny, but trust me that it makes a huge difference!
- Category: Cobbler
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Gluten Free Peach Cobbler, peach cobbler, peaches, gluten free cobbler, gluten free baking, peach recipes