These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Brownies, inspired by Claire Saffitz's Brownies are a must-try for any peanut butter & chocolate lover!
- ¼ cup Dutch process cocoa powder (I recommend Hershey’s brand)
- 5 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons plant based unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup neutral oil, such as vegetable, grapeseed or canola oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour/starch
- ½ cup peanut butter (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8” x 8” square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together ¼ cup boiling water with the cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Fill a medium pot with 1-inch of water and set a heatproof bowl on top (the water should not be able to touch the bowl). Bring the water to a simmer, then turn to low heat.
- To the heatproof bowl add the chopped chocolate, water-cocoa mixture, plant-based butter & oil. Mix until completely melted.
- Once chocolate is melted, turn the stovetop off. Carefully remove the heatproof bowl from the pot and set onto a towel on the counter. Allow to cool slightly, about ten minutes.
- Next, mix both sugars into the chocolate mixture. Then, beat in the egg & egg yolks, along with vanilla extract.
- Stir in the gluten free flour, almond flour & tapioca. Mix until flour is no longer visible, about 1 minute.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter for about 20 seconds until thin and soupy.
- Mix half of the melted peanut butter into the chocolate mixture, until no longer visible. Save the remaining peanut butter for later.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Drizzle the remaining melted peanut butter over the brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the peanut butter through the batter, creating a marbled texture.
- Bake the brownie for 30-35 minutes for a super fudgy brownie or up to 45 minutes for a less fudgy brownie.
- After baking, allow to cool completely and place in the fridge for up to 1 hour before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Adapted from Claire Saffitz’s Malted Forever Brownies
- Category: brownies
- Method: baking
Keywords: gluten free peanut butter chocolate brownies, gluten free brownies, Claire Saffitz’s Malted Forever Brownies