This Gluten Free Rough Puff Pastry dough (that is also vegan) is magical. Imagine layers of flakiness, made in under 1 hour, buttery and crisp deliciousness -- you're in for a treat!
- ½ cup almond flour (68 grams)
- ½ cup tapioca flour (64 grams)
- 1 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour (192 grams)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons Miyoko's Unsalted Vegan Butter, cut into large cubes cold
- ½ cup ice water (118 grams)
- In a food processor, pulse the almond flour, tapioca flour, 1 to 1 flour and salt.
- Remove from the food processor and place into a large bowl.
- Carefully toss in the cold cubed vegan butter with your fingertips until well coated in flour.
- Shingle each piece of butter with your fingertips so each piece of butter is flattened.
- Once all butter is flattened, make sure it’s still cold. If it’s too soft, place the bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Carefully drizzle in the cold water, not all at once, and carefully mix the ingredients together, adding a bit of water until it’s well combined. Once it starts to form a dough, press pieces together to see if they stick together and form a dough.
- Divide the dough in half and roughly shape each piece into a square. Wrap each piece of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and unwrap a square of dough. Roll into a rectangle and then make three folds. Repeat 2-3 more times folding in different directions.
- Return back to the fridge for 30 minutes if time allows to keep the butter chilled.
- Repeat steps 8 & 9 for the second piece of dough.
- Once ready to use, roll out the dough until it’s ¼” - ½” in thickness and use as desired to make many recipes!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Category: Puff Pastry