This week I am sharing my Grandma’s Apple Cake recipe! This cake is extremely delicious and holds so much flavor, thanks to the tons of apples in the cake!
Check out the step by step video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/jr8PGqtcuuQ
Grandma’s Apple Cake
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12-15 servings
- 3 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup oil (canola or vegetable oil)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3-4 apples (measures to be about 3 1/2 cups when peeled and diced)
- confectioner sugar, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉, and grease a pan with non-stick baking spray.
- *This cake can be made in a 9”x13” baking pan, or a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Then, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add in the oil, vanilla extract, eggs and orange juice. Mix until well combined. The batter should be very thick.
- Peel and dice the apples into very small cubes, and then fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before flipping it out onto a wire baking rack to cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, dust with confectioners sugar.
Finely dice the apples into extremely small cubes so that the apples will bake evenly in the cake. I accidentally cut the apples a bit too big in my video, so they didn’t completely soften when cooked.