It’s already mid summer, which means it is unbearably hot outside! At least it is in Florida, where I live.
I was brainstorming videos a few weeks back and I had plans to make quinoa recipes, salads, etc. Then, a few days later I couldn’t take the weather anymore and decided that it was about time to make some homemade ice cream!
I quickly picked up my absolute favorite, Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups, from the store and started mixing ingredients together and eventually came up with this delicious version of a Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream! It tastes similar to a Reeses-flavored ice cream and close to Moose Tracks.
This ice cream recipe is filled with mini chocolate chunks, tons of peanut butter, mini chocolate peanut butter cups, and even peanuts!
Watch the video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/waXvp7QOo7QPrint
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream!
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2,13.5 oz coconut milk, refrigerated over night
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate, chopped and melted in the microwave.
- 1, 4.7 oz bag Mini Dark Chocolate Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups, quartered
- 1/4 cup peanuts, halved or chopped
- Place the ice cream machine bowl insert into the freezer overnight.
- Line a freezer safe 9” loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine cold coconut milk, white sugar, agave nectar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt in a blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes until thick and frothy.
- Next, remove the frozen bowl from the freezer and attach to the ice cream machine. Follow your ice-cream machine’s directions to churn the ice cream. If you have a Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine, like me, turn the machine on and slowly pour the ice-cream mixture into the bowl. Allow the ice cream to churn for 15 minutes.
- Then, add 1 cup of peanut butter and the peanut butter cup chunks to the ice cream and churn for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer half the ice cream to the prepared loaf pan and spread in an even layer.
- Melt 1/2 cup peanut butter in the microwave for 15 seconds or until fully melted.
- Drizzle half of the melted peanut butter onto the first layer of ice cream and swirl with a knife.
- Then, drizzle half of the melted chocolate over the ice cream.
- Top with a final layer of the remaining ice cream. Smooth the ice cream, drizzle with the remaining melted peanut butter and melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top of the ice cream.
- Freeze for 5 hours before serving.
I use a 1.5 Qt. Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine
Want more summer recipes??
Check out my Molten Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Cake, French Vanilla Ice Cream, Nutella Swirl Peanut Butter Sandwiches, and No Machine Ice Cream Dashers!