Valentines Day is around the corner, so I decided to share this super impressive Heart Pavlova recipe with you!
Check out the step by step video tutorial: https://youtu.be/bCIJpoTUNvYPrint
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Yield: 6-8 meringues
- 7 egg whites
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp sugar
- Pinch cream of tartar
- **Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar or confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 200℉. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the meringues:
- Combine all meringue ingredients into a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Whisk on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Fill a piping bag, fitted with a wilton 1M tip with the meringue mixture. To make the heart shaped pavlovas, pipe a heart of meringue onto the parchment paper, and fill it in. Then repeat the heart shaped outline twice without filling in the heart. You will end up with a hollow heart “bowl”.
- Bake for about 2 or 2 1/2 hours. *The baking time will depend on how soft you want the inside of the meringue to be.
- Cool on a wire baking rack for 1 hour before handling.
- To make the whipped cream: Combine the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beat on medium-high speed for about 5-8 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Fill a piping bag with a large circle tip or cut the end of a plastic bag and fill it with the whipped cream.
- To make the ganache: Boil heavy cream, and pour over chocolate chips. Whisk until a chocolate sauce forms. *If you don’t plan on using the ganache right away, microwave it for a fews seconds when you are ready to use it so it becomes thin and creamy again.
- To assemble:
- Pipe a generous amount of whipped cream into the hollow centers of each heart-shaped meringue, sprinkle with chopped strawberries, and drizzle everything with chocolate ganache!
- Serve right away or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
**You can use any pre bought dairy whipped topping or nondairy whipped cream as well. If you use Rich’s Whipped Topping, do not add the sugar; only the vanilla extract.