Have you ever made Loaded Plantain Tacos? They are a must-try and definitely worth the search for your unique taco shell!
- *4-6 soft Positively Plantain tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups cooked Basmati rice (I used leftover turmeric spiced rice)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 large onion or 1 large onion
- 2 red peppers, chopped into 1" cubes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Your favorite spicy mayo
- 2 limes
- Shredded coconut, toasted
- Begin with sautéing onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook over medium heat, 5-8 minutes until translucent. Remove from pan.
- To the same pan, add the cubed red pepper and saute 5-8 minutes until charred. Remove from pan.
- Next, add the ground beef to the pan and cook over medium-high heat. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, onion powder & cumin. Cook for 6-10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes to allow the meat to brown.
- Taste the ground beef and add more spices as needed.
- Transfer the ground beef to a bowl and return the pan to the stove over low heat.
- Heat the tortillas for 1-2 minutes per side until softened.
- Assemble the tortillas by layering the rice, ground beef, sautéed onions & peppers, sliced avocado, cilantro, lime juice & shredded coconut. Drizzle with spicy mayo. Repeat with remaining 4-5 tortillas. Enjoy!
If you can't find plantain tortillas, opt for your favorite tortilla or taco shell!
- Category: tacos
- Method: stovetop cooking
Keywords: plantain tacos, plantain tortillas, gluten free tacos, corn free tacos