I am so excited for todays episode since it’s a bit different than all my other videos! Today, I’ve decided to rummage through my ingredients which I have lying around in my pantry to create a new-delicious dessert! Luckily, my taste tester/best friend, Vida, gave this cake a thumbs up!
Click here for the recipe: https://youtu.be/KdReFYpoXTgPrint
Nutella Hazelnut Icebox Cake- What’s In My Pantry?
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 12 servings
- about 60 tea biscuits (I recommend Kedem Tea biscuits, 3 packages)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1, 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1, 8 oz tub Nutella
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- To make the no-machine ice cream, pour heavy whipping cream into a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Beat on medium-high speed until light-soft peaks form.
- Then, add in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat again on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Once the ice cream base in ready, swirl in most of the Nutella, reserving 1/3 cup for later use.
- Using a large rectangle plate/platter, begin with arranging the first layer of tea biscuits. I used 12 biscuits on each layer (4 biscuit x 3 biscuit rectangle).
- Then, spoon about 3/4 or 1 cup of No Machine Ice-Cream on top, and smooth out with a knife/offset spatula.
- Sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
- Repeat these steps until you’ve finished all the teas biscuits (leaving 3 biscuits aside).
- Top the cake with leftover No machine Ice Cream, crushed tea biscuits, and chopped hazelnuts.
- Microwave the leftover Nutella for 30 seconds, then drizzle over the cake.
- Use a knife to swirl together the Nutella with all the toppings/ice cream.
- Freeze for 5 hours, or best overnight.