For the Ganache:
- 8 ounces of your favorite chocolate chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cups (12 ounces) full fat or extra creamy oat milk
For the Hot Cocoa:
- ¼ cup ganache
- 1 cup full fat or extra creamy oat milk
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar + ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (or use ½ teaspoon vanilla sugar instead)
- Vegan mini marshmallows
- Vegan whipped cream
Prepare the Ganache:
- Place chopped chocolate into a large heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Place 1 ½ cups oat milk into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Pour the simmering milk over the chopped chocolate and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Carefully stir together the cream and chocolate until a thicker mixture forms (it will still be slightly soupy). Allow to set on the counter for 10 minutes until even more thickened.
Prepare the Hot Cocoa (1 serving):
- When ready to enjoy hot cocoa, heat 1 cup oat milk in a pot and add 1/4 cup of the prepared ganache.
- Keep the heat on medium-low, and whisk together until warmed through, about 1-2 minutes. Don't bring to a boil.
- Optionally mix in the sugar and vanilla extract (or simply vanilla sugar).
- Pour hot cocoa into a tall mug.
- Garnish with cinnamon, marshmallows or even whipped cream if you like. Enjoy!
- I enjoyed a combination of bittersweet and semi sweet chocolate.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Chocolate
Keywords: hot cocoa, oat milk hot cocoa, oat milk hot chocolate