Passover Blueberry Muffins
- Author: Dalya Rubin
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Category: muffins, desserts, gluten-free, Passover
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons almond flour/almond meal (NOT ground almonds!)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (not frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line 12 muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Separate the eggs: Place the egg yolks into a large bowl and place the egg whites in a bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat egg whites and 2 1/2 tablespoons of the sugar, using a whisk attachment, on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the remaining sugar, water, and vanilla extract for about 1 minute.
- Sift the almond flour, tapioca starch and salt over the egg yolk mixture.
- Then, fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into the 12 paper liners. Top each muffin with a few blueberries, using the remaining 1/4 cup of blueberries.
- Bake for 15-19 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Let cool 1 hours before eating.
- These muffins are best eaten the day of but they can be stored in a ziplock or container in the fridge for 4-5 days.