This week we are making Chocolate Chip Blondies perfect for Passover! My Safta (aka: Grandmother) has been making these blondies over the past couple of years, and I absolutely love them every single time! These are not your typical blondies. Unlike the typical cookie-like blondie, these squares of goodness have more of a cake-like texture.
Check out the video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/twcuos-N0rQ
Passover Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16-20 bars
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flavorless oil (grapeseed, canola, vegetable)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup potato starch
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup ground almonds or almond meal/flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Prepare a 9” x 13” pan with non-stick baking spray and parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and oil until well combined. Then, add in the vanilla extract, potato starch, baking powder and almond meal.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares and serving.