I’ve been dreaming of these Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie Pretzel Bars all summer long!
Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie Pretzel Bars
- Prep Time: 40
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 24-30 squares
- Category: brownies
- Method: baking
For the Peanut Butter Layer
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups (packed) light brown sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups natural creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup gluten-free 1 to 1 all-purpose flour ( I recommend Bob’s Red Mill)
For the Cocoa Layer
4 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 cup (2 stick) virgin coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
6 Tbsp. arrowroot starch
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
3 cups gluten-free pretzels
1 1/2 cups halved salted peanuts
Make the Peanut Butter Layer:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9” x 13” pan with parchment paper, leaving at least a 2″ overhang on 2 sides.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla until well combined. Mix in the peanut butter and glute-free flour until a smooth, thick batter forms. Set aside.
Make the Brownie Batter:
- Using an electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on medium-high speed, mix the eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl for 4-5 minutes. Then, on low speed, mix in the melted butter, vanilla and salt. Lastly, sift in the cocoa powder and arrowroot starch. Beat on low for 30 seconds, then, increase the speed a bit and beat until a thick batter forms. Set aside.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth into an even layer with a knife or offset spatula.Top it with half of the chocolate chips, broken pretzels, and salted peanuts.
- Next, pour the brownie mixture over the top. Then, sprinkle over the remaining chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Lastly, arrange the pretzels in neat rows over the brownie.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let the brownie cool to room temperature and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving. Remove brownie from pan using parchment overhang, then cut into 24-30 squares.
- Remove brownie from pan using the overhanging parchment paper and cut into 24-30 squares.
Adapted from Epicurious.com