This salad is effortless, protein packed, and perfect for the summer!
I have found myself being a bit lazy in the beginning of the summer since I just ended school and need have needed break. On these days, I reach for random ingredients in my pantry, throw together, add a dressing, and BAM, I’ve got a salad!
Sometimes these salads are fails, and other times they are amazing when I decide to put a bit more effort into my creation. This salad is one of those creations that tastes magical. It’s is loaded with vegetables, each with a different texture. The chickpeas are soft, the spinach had a bit of a bite, and the carrots are crunchy.
Once the dressing is added, this salad is taken to a whole new level! The addition of fresh garlic, maple syrup, and lemon juice spruce up the classic vinegar dressing and elevate it to be way more exciting and flavorful.
Watch the full step by step tutorial here: https://youtu.be/wMyHggAeKc4
Now, it’s time for you to make this salad! It’s healthy, colorful, and delicious! You’ve got to try it!Print
Protein Packed Chickpea Quinoa Spinach Salad
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
For the Salad
- 3 cups cooked white quinoa (about 1 cup raw)
- 1, 16 oz can chickpeas
- 1, 9 oz bag spinach, chopped into strips
- 2 large carrots, julienned and sliced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Make the Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, chopped spinach, and carrots.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad, toss and serve.
This salad serves 2-3 as a main dish or 5-6 as a side dish.
If you LOVE garlic, you can totally add another 1-2 garlic cloves to the recipe.