Raspberry Loaf Cake
Have you been dying for a piece of cake this week? I don’t know about you, but I have. So, I made myself this Raspberry Loaf Cake to satisfy my sweet cravings! This cake is commonly known as “Raspberry Bread” to many people, but I feel it is more similar to a cake than a bread– it deserves the right name!
There are some weeks where all I crave are sweet desserts, and I typically don’t have many cakes that I’m able to eat since I’m gluten free, dairy free and corn free. This week I played around with an indulgent, butter-filled cake recipe and tweaked it to create somewhat of a healthier version.
This cake uses the following ingredients which not only make this cake taste wonderful, but they are good for your body:
Almond Flour– 100% ground almonds
Tapioca Starch– a healthy alternative to flour which is made from cassava root (also known as yuca root)
Grapeseed Oil- Non-hydrogenated, high in Vitamin E, flavorless oil (similar to olive oil)
Almond Milk- A delicious dairy-free alternative to regular milk
If you love cakes as much as I do, be sure to check out our other cakes: Mother’s Day Cake, Grandma’s Apple Cake, Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Lemon Olive Oil Cake, Chocolate Chip Oat Bread, Banana Pudding Crepe Cake, Valentines Day Heart Cake, Chiffon Cake and the most A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Ferrero Rocher Cake!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #itsrainingflour on Instagram. Happy Baking!
Watch the Youtube Video Here: https://youtu.be/bcOFZYjc70I
Raspberry Loaf Cake
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour mix (I recommend Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil (or other flavorless oil)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10-12 oz frozen raspberries (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the almond flour, gluten free flour mix, tapioca starch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together: brown sugar, granulated sugar, grape seed oil, egg, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture into the liquid ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Once the batter begins to form, use a rubber spatula to fold the batter together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool for 30 minutes, on a wire baking rack, before removing from the pan.
- Store in the refrigerator for 1 week.