These Sausage & Date Stuffed Mushrooms with Almonds will blow your mind with their sticky texture and sweet & savory flavor!
- 20 Baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned & stems removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 scallions/green onions, finely sliced (set some aside as garnish)
- 3 pre-cooked sausage links (any flavor you love), chopped into small cubes
- ¼ cup sweet red wine
- ¼ cup date paste/spread
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped or sliced almonds, as garnish (toasted if possible)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and prepare a 9”x 13” baking pan greased with cooking spray. Set aside.
Heat 2-tablespoons olive oil in a skillet & add scallions & garlic. Cook 2-4 minutes until fragrant. Be sure not to burn the garlic.
Next, add in the chopped sausage and cook about 6-8 until slightly crispy.
Mix in the date paste and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, on medium heat, stirring every minute.
Add wine to the pan to deglaze, about 2 minutes.
Season with salt & pepper to taste along with the parsley. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mushrooms, 1 tablespoon olive oil & sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss to coat the mushrooms.
Place the mushrooms into the prepared baking pan.
Spoon the date-sausage mixture into each of the mushroom caps, in the pan.
Bake mushrooms for 10-12 minutes.
Then, sprinkle with chopped nuts & bake an additional 2 minutes to toast the nuts.
Add scallions as garnish before serving. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop cooking
Keywords: Sausage & Date Stuffed Mushrooms with Almonds, sausage stuffed mushrooms, date stuffed mushrooms, stuffed mushrooms, gluten free sausage