Think about the most dreamy and creamy Risotto dish packed with bursting flavorful confit tomatoes and garlic. This Tomato & Garlic Confit Risotto is truly magical!
- 2 packages Pure Flavor® Organic Juno Bites Red Grape Tomatoes (Approx 48 ounces)
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled (divided)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 7 - 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6–8 cups veggie stock or chicken stock
- ⅓ cup dry white or red wine
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- In a 9”x 13” baking dish, toss together the tomatoes, 4 garlic cloves (cut in half) & thyme sprigs. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper to the tomatoes. Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle it with sugar. Cook for 1 ½ hours until tomatoes have burst. Allow tomatoes to cool at room temperature.
- Place stock into a large pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low, bringing the liquid to a simmer, to remain hot.
- Next, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add diced onion. Cook 5-7 minutes or until translucent and tender.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and mix into the onions, cooking another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the dry rice, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and smoked paprika, stirring and cooking until any moisture is cooked out. Mix in the wine and bring to a simmer, cooking until it mostly evaporates, about 1 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of the hot stock to the rice pot and stir until combined. Allow stock to cook out and add another ¼ cup, then mix and allow to simmer until it has thickened. Repeat this process, adding a bit more stock each time, until the rice has puffed up and is cooked through and creamy. You will use 6-8 cups of stock total. This process will take 20-30 minutes. Then, turn off the heat.
- Mix in the vegan parmesan cheese (optional).
- Mix half of the confit tomatoes and garlic into the cooked risotto.
- Then, transfer the risotto to a serving bowl or dish and garnish with remaining confit tomatoes, garlic and thyme sprigs. Add grated parmesan as garnish. Enjoy!
- Best served right after cooking! You can eat leftovers, but I recommend serving the freshest risotto to guest for maximum creaminess.
- If you don't want to include wine omit it.
- I recommend the Pure Flavor® Organic Juno Bites Red Grape Tomatoes which I love, but feel free to use any Grape Tomatoes you can source locally.
- Use the confit tomato & garlic mixture as a garnish for chicken, salmon, or any other dish. It's phenomena used so many different ways!
- Category: Side Dish
Keywords: Tomato & Garlic Confit Risotto, risotto, garlic, tomatoes, pure flavor tomatoes