This Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower is amazing!
Two weeks ago, I went to the Yellow-Green Farmers Market and saw fresh turmeric for the first time ever. I had always bought pre-ground turmeric in a bottle, so it was really awesome being able to buy actual fresh turmeric. After buying the turmeric and going home, I put it to good use and made this delicious Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower!
I love freshly roasted cauliflower with oil, salt, and pepper, but it’s even more exciting when a bit of turmeric, cumin, and garlic is added. Making this Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower only takes a few seconds to assemble and it tastes fantastic!
Here’s how it’s done!
Cut the cauliflower into florets and add them to a large bowl.
Mix in the freshly grates turmeric (or pre-ground), cumin powder, salt and olive oil. Good quality olive oil makes this dish taste even better! Then, mix it all up, and you’re almost done.
After spreading the seasoned cauliflower onto a baking sheet, it’s time to roast it! Roast the cauliflower until it has darkened and is pretty soft. It should be slightly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Then, add the garlic and cook for 10 more minutes. Fresh garlic adds tons much flavor to this cauliflower. It’s insane!
Then, once the cauliflower comes out of the oven, it’s time to dig in and enjoy! Roasted cauliflower never makes it to the meal in my house. My sister and I tend to eat it right after its baked because it’s so good! If you are having guests I recommend doubling the recipe since it will most likely be a big hit.
Want more delicious recipes?
Check these out: Healthy Green Bean Casserole, Mini Cranberry Cobblers, Shakshuka for 1 , Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Muffins, Apple Cranberry Breakfast Bars, Pumpkin Coconut Curry Soup, Gluten-Free Baked Pumpkin Donuts, Healthy Apple Pie, Raspberry Loaf
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- Category: side dish, cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon fresh or ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ and prepare a 9“ x 13” pan. Set aside.
- Chop the cauliflower into medium size pieces.
- Add the cauliflower to a large bowl and toss with turmeric, cumin powder, salt, and oil.
- Spread the cauliflower in an even layer onto the pan and bake for 50 minutes, mixing at the halfway point.
- Add the crushed garlic into the cooked cauliflower and mix together.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cauliflower to cool slightly before eating.