Gluten Free Greek-Style Panzanella Salad
Get ready to fall in love with this Gluten Free Greek-Style Panzanella Salad, made with the freshest of tomatoes & cucumber, along with other veggies, homemade croutons & delicious creamy greek dressing!
Servings: 4 -6 servings
For the Salad:
- 4 Pure Flavor® Organic Mini Cucumbers sliced into circles
- 1 container Pure Flavor® Organic Sangria® Medley Tomatoes halved
- 1 ½ cups chopped asparagus cut into 1 ½ “ pieces (remove the bottom 1-2 inches of stems first) (approx ¾ of a bunch)
- ¼ cup kalamata olives sliced
- 2 avocados cubed
- 2 cooked beet I recommend store-bought cooked, cubed
For the Croutons:
- 6 slices gluten free bread cut into 1 ½” cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 clove garlic minced finely
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup dairy free yogurt I recommend the Silk Oat Yeah Vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise regular or vegan
Prepare the Croutons:
Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Place bread cubes onto the pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
Once cooked, allow to cool on the pan completely, before adding to the salad.
Prepare the Dressing:
In a medium container or bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients until well combined and creamy. I like to use a container or glass jar, seal with the lid, and shake to emulsify all the ingredients.
Prepare the Salad:
To blanch the asparagus, bring a pot filled with at least 4 inches of water to a boil.
Carefully add the cut asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
Immediately, transfer the blanched asparagus to a bowl filled with ice cold water for 1 minute.
Then, place the cold asparagus onto paper towels to dry.
Next, in a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients: sliced cucumber, halved tomatoes (both kinds), blanched asparagus, olives, avocado and beets.
Mix in the cooked & cooled croutons.
Before serving, drizzle ¾ of the dressing over the salad and toss until all ingredients are coated in the dressing. Taste and add more dressing if needed. Enjoy!
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 676kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 28g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 1318mg | Potassium: 1261mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1292IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 3mg