Pistachio Pesto (gluten free & dairy free)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachios
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt or kosher salt can be used
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil more if needed
In a food processor, combine all ingredients except for the olive oil.
Once all ingredients are pulsed and in small pieces, all in the olive oil.
Blend again until all ingredients are combined.
Transfer the pesto to a container or bowl to serve.
If you want a thinner pesto, mix in 2-4 more tablespoons of olive oil.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 1251kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 128g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 17g | Monounsaturated Fat: 89g | Sodium: 2364mg | Potassium: 1006mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6494IU | Vitamin C: 88mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 7mg