Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches
What's better than an ice cream sandwich on a warm summer day? It has a chewy cookie and sweet chilled ice cream; what a treat! Let's run through how to make the simplest of Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches ever!
Servings: 12 cookie sandwich
- 2 packages Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough or other place & bake gluten free cookie dough
- 1 ½ pints ice cream of choice or an assortment of ice cream I used chocolate, vanilla & raspberry swirl Oatly Oat Milk Ice Cream
Bake cookies according to package directions. Allow to cool completely then set in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
Next, allow ice cream to soften at room temperature, about 10 minutes, only if it’s hard to scoop.
Scoop a ball of ice cream onto the bottom side of 1 cookie. Add another cookie to top off the ice cream and form a sandwich.
Repeat with remaining cookies & ice cream until 12 ice cream cookie sandwiches are formed.
- Store in the freezer in a container or ziplock for up to 2 months.
- I love Sweet Loren's Cookie Dough but feel free to use any gluten free cookie dough you prefer or have on hand.
- Make this recipe your own by adding different flavor ice creams or even pressing add-ons such as mini chocolate chips into the sides of the sandwich.
Serving: 1Cookie sandwich | Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 194mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 268IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1mg