Best Gluten Free Dutch Baby (German Pancake)
This gluten free dutch baby can be prepared within 10 minutes and yields a light and fluffy custard-like pancake everyone will love! With only 6 simple ingredients, you'll have breakfast in no time.
Servings: 6 servings
1 Cast Iron Skillet
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- ¾ cup full fat oat milk or other plant-based milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter I use Vegan Buttery Sticks
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Add all ingredients, except for the butter, to a blender and blend until smooth; about 15 seconds.
Allow the batter to sit for 10 minutes if time allows.
Place a 9” or 10” oven-safe cast iron skillet in the oven.
Carefully, remove the pan from the oven and add the butter and swirl around until it coats the pan.
Pour the batter into the pan. Tilt the pan to evenly distribute the batter, if needed.
Bake until the dutch baby is puffed and golden, about 15-20 minutes.
Serve with confectioners sugar, berries and maple syrup!
- I love to serve this with fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Plus a sprinkle of powdered sugar! You can also add a drizzle of maple syrup or even a dollop of whipped cream if you like. Move berry preserves? Add a swirl to the batter before baking for a cool marbled effect.
- Best made right before serving since it will be puffed and beautiful but it will still reheat well the next day.
- Be sure to use a Cast-Iron skillet in this recipe if possible. If you don't have a cast iron skillet, you can use an oven-safe pan or baking side, about 9" to 10".
- Milk swaps: Use any other nut or plant based milk in this recipe, such as almond milk or cashew milk.
- Topping ideas: Top your pancake with fresh fruit, a homemade berry compote, maple syrup, whipped cream and more! Be creative with your toppings.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg