Strawberry Spinach Salad with Pecans
This strawberry and spinach salad is made in under 15 minutes, uses fresh seasonal ingredients & a variety of crunchy nuts and seeds!
Servings: 8 servings
For the Salad
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 2 ounces mixed greens
- ½ lb strawberries about 8-10 strawberries, tops removed & sliced
- 6-8 Organic Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers I used Pure Flavor brand
- ½ small red onion sliced
- ½ - ¾ cup pecans roughly chopped
- 2 - 4 tablespoons pistachios roughly chopped
- 2 - 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 - 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 avocados cubed
For the Dressing
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Layer all salad ingredients into a bowl except for the avocado. Set aside.
In a medium container or mason jar, combine all the dressing ingredients. Cover the container/jar and shake until emulsified and slightly thickened.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Add avocado and mix in if desired or leave on top as garnish. Enjoy!
- Assemble the salad when you plan to eat it. You can chop the vegetables and make the dressing in advance, but don't put everything together up until serving, otherwise it can wilt and get soggy.
- For the nuts and seeds, I wrote two different quantity options for each since I prefer more nuts, but if you want less you can use the smaller quantity.
- For a tree-nut free version, swap the pistachios & pecans for more sunflower seeds & pumpkin seeds.
- Be sure to shake the salad dressing in a jar or container. Don't just mix it! It won't become thick and emulsified from just mixing it.
- Feel free to add any seasonal fruit to this salad! Fresh peaches or nectarines would be a great addition.
Serving: 1servings | Calories: 531kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g | Monounsaturated Fat: 30g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 806mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4176IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 3mg