Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes with Hemp Hearts
Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes with Hemp Hearts will be your new go-to side dish for any occasion! Get ready to impress with minimal effort.
Servings: 8 servings
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 pounds *mini Sweet Potatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- For the Chimichurri:
- 2 cloves garlic minced into a paste
- ½ cup parsley stems removed, before chopped, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup cilantro stems removed, before chopped, roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon capers optional
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Approx juice of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Hemp Hearts
Roast the Sweet Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Rinse & pat mini sweet potatoes dry.
Slice each mini sweet potato in half, lengthewise. If using regular sized sweet potatoes, cut into 3 even planks, lengthwise.
Place sweet potato halves into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss until coated.
Place sweet potatoes, cut side facing down, onto the prepared pan. The potatoes should not overlap.
Bake mini sweet potatoes for 25 minutes, and bake 30-45 minutes if using larger potatoes.
Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
Assemble the Dish -
Arrange roasted sweet potatoes on a serving plate, cut side facing up.
Drizzle the sweet potatoes with the Chimmichuri. Be sure to give the sauce a mix before drizzling on the potatoes.
Sprinkle the potatoes with hemp hearts & add a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Enjoy!
- If you can’t find mini sweet potatoes, use regular and slice into 3 planks, lengthwise
- When making the Chimichurri, if you don’t want to spend time chopping the ingredients, you can pulse everything in a food processor until desired consistency.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 423mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 16517IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg