Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes with Hemp Hearts will be your new go-to side dish for any occasion! Get ready to impress with minimal effort.
Making Chimichurri is pretty therapeutic, if you ask me, especially when chopping all the ingredients by hand which makes the most perfectly bright & vibrant sauce you can imagine.
Let's note: You don't need this recipe once you make it the first time!
I always recommend following the recipe the first time around and then make the same dish next time based on the ingredient list, your memory & by trusting your taste buds. I promise it will be worth the knowledge of knowing how to make Chimichurri on a whim!
Thank you to Bob's Red Mill for sponsoring this recipe, as a part of their Make it Monday series. I used my go-to Nutritional Yeast & Hulled Hemp Seed Hearts in this recipe!
- Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes with Hemp Hearts will be your new go-to side dish for any occasion! Get ready to impress with minimal effort.
- How to Make Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes with Hemp Hearts
- Time to Bake the Sweet Potatoes!
- How to Make the Chimichurri
- Assembling this Chimichurri Couldn't Be Easier!
- Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes with Hemp Hearts
- Questions & Reviews
How to Make Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes with Hemp Hearts
First off, roast the Sweet Potatoes!
To do so, you'll have to slice the sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise & toss in olive oil, salt & pepper.
Once the halves sweet potatoes are tossed & fully coated, transfer to a parchment-lined baking pan. Spread into an even layer, with the cut side of the sweet potatoes facing down. This is result in maximum caramelization and keep the potatoes from becoming dry.
Time to Bake the Sweet Potatoes!
Since we're baking the sweet potatoes at the high temperature of 425°F, you'll only need to cook these mini for 25 minutes! If using larger potatoes, cook for 30-45 minutes.
How to Make the Chimichurri
As I mentioned earlier, I love making the Chimichurri by hand. You can use a food processor and simply blend all the ingredients together. I rather choose to chop all the herbs and mix in a bowl, so I can control exactly how chunky I want the sauce.
Assembling this Chimichurri Couldn't Be Easier!
Once the Chimichurri is prepped & the sweet potatoes are roasted, you can assemble the dish on a serving plate or serve separately for people to serve themselves.
I like to place all the sweet potato halves on a serving plate, drizzle with Chimichurri & sprinkle with the Hemp Seed Hearts. Feel free to add a sprinkle of freshly cracked black pepper & even extra red pepper flakes for added heat!
The Hemp Hearts add a slightly nutty flavor and chew to the dish, as well as added protein.
If you love herbs & sweet potatoes, this is the dish for you!!
Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes with Hemp Hearts
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 pounds *mini Sweet Potatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the Chimichurri:
- 2 cloves garlic minced into a paste
- ½ cup fresh parsley stems removed, before chopped, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup cilantro stems removed, before chopped, roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon capers optional
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Approx juice of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Hemp Hearts
Roast the Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse & pat mini sweet potatoes dry.
- Slice each mini sweet potato in half, lengthewise. If using regular sized sweet potatoes, cut into 3 even planks, lengthwise.
- Place sweet potato halves into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss until coated.
- Place sweet potatoes, cut side facing down, onto the prepared pan. The potatoes should not overlap.
- Bake mini sweet potatoes for 25 minutes, and bake 30-45 minutes if using larger potatoes.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
Prepare the Chimichurri-
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Taste to see if you need more salt, pepper, lime or other ingredient of your choice.
Assemble the Dish -
- Arrange roasted sweet potatoes on a serving plate, cut side facing up.
- Drizzle the sweet potatoes with the Chimmichuri. Be sure to give the sauce a mix before drizzling on the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with hemp hearts & add a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Enjoy!
- If you can’t find mini sweet potatoes, use regular and slice into 3 planks, lengthwise
- When making the Chimichurri, if you don’t want to spend time chopping the ingredients, you can pulse everything in a food processor until desired consistency.