These Gluten-Free Chocolate Brownie Cookies with almond chunks are going to become a new staple in your home!
Who knew brownies can be transformed into a cookie?
Last year, I developed a huge appreciation for chocolate when I ate it for the first time in 2 1/2 years. I didn’t eat chocolate for two years prior for health reasons. Now, that I am able to eat chocolate again, I appreciate this decadent ingredient way more than I ever did before. Basically, any chocolate dessert made with good quality chocolate is up my alley. These Gluten-Free Chocolate Brownie Cookies are no exception!
These cookies are:
- Perfectly Portioned
- Super Fudgy
- Cracked on top like a typical brownie
A bit of a side note….Over the past year, I have been obsessed with Canyon Bakehouse Brownie Bites. If you are gluten-free, I highly recommend you buy a pack. They’re fantastic! These cookies remind me very much of those amazing store-bought brownie bites, except that mine are homemade and in a cookie form. These cookies are an excellent choice for those days where you want to have a warm, freshly baked brownie made with love. They’re also fun and easy to make!
I’m most excited to share this brownie cookie recipe because they are gluten-free, dairy-free, and corn free. Over the past four years, I’ve struggled with finding good gluten-free recipes. I’m not sure why, but many gluten-free cookie recipes on the internet are sub-par, ok, but not at all fantastic. This past year I’ve made it my goal to develop amazing, super tasty, wonderful gluten-free desserts that don’t scream “gluten-free”. I really feel that I’ve accomplished that goal with these cookies.
These cookies FOR SURE don’t taste
- Like the stereotypical gluten-free cookie sold in stores
Watch the video HERE.
Just a bit of a life update… I filmed this cookie video earlier in December since I knew I’d be traveling towards the end of the year and into January 2018. Now, that I’m home in Florida and settled after my long vacation, I’m super excited to start filming new content for you that is healthy, gluten-free, and dairy-free. I have a new video series that will begin airing in February or March that I hope you’ll love! I can’t wait to share it with you soon!Print
Chocolate Brownie Almond Chunk Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 cookies
- Category: cookies, gluten-free
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (about 2 1/2 cups chopped chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I use Organic sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chopped chocolate and vegan butter for 30-second intervals, stirring in between each microwave session until melted. Set aside once melted.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract. Then, add the melted chocolate-butter mixture. Whisk until completely combined.
- Next, sprinkle the gluten-free flour, almond flour, and baking powder over the batter. Fold to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Allow the batter to sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoon mounds of batter onto the baking sheet. Spread out a tiny bit. Place each cookie at least 1 1/2 inches apart so that they don’t touch in the oven when they spread.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. The outside of the cookie should look cracked like a brownie.
- Cool the cookies on a baking rack for 1 hour before storing away.
I highly recommend baking these cookies on an AirBake pan for even baking.