What's better than an ice cream sandwich on a warm summer day? These ice cream sandwiches are composed of a chewy gluten free cookie and luscious ice cream; what a treat! Let's run through how to make the simplest of Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches ever!
Why you’ll love this recipe!
These ice cream sandwiches are a perfect refreshing dessert for the summer or year round. The combination of ice cream sandwiched between two chocolate chip cookies is to die for!
I love this recipe so much and I think you will too because:
- Refreshing for the warm summer weather
- There are only two ingredients needed for this recipe
- Made in under 30 minutes
- Uses store bought chocolate chip cookie dough
Ingredients for the sandwiches
There are only 2 ingredients in this super simple recipe!
The ingredients you will need to make the ice cream sandwiches consist of:
- Chocolate chip cookies - I used my favorite gluten free chocolate chip cookies from Sweet Lorens, but you can use any gluten free chocolate chip cookie of your choice.
- Ice cream - Use your favorite ice cream flavor. Any will be delicious!
This recipe is super flexible and there are a few ways you can modify this recipe:
- Use any gluten free cookie as long as it will hold up. Avoid using a cookie that will crumble because it needs to be sturdy enough to hold the ice cream.
- Use your favorite ice cream! I personally think that basic ice cream flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry taste the best in a chocolate chip cookie, but feel free to use any flavor.
- Add ice cream toppings. You can roll the sides of the ice cream sandwiches in your favorite toppings such as sprinkles or chocolate chips.
Making these Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches is as easy as pie! Honestly, way easier than pie! How to make gluten free ice cream sandwiches:
Step 1: Start with baking your favorite cookie dough to perfection.
Step 2: Chill the cookies.
Step 3: Scoop the ice cream between two cookies to form sandwiches.
There are many brands that make gluten free and dairy free ice cream options such as Ben and Jerries, So Delicious, and Oatly.
Ice cream sandwiches are exactly what they sound like, ice cream sandwiched between two cookies!
You can store them in a sealed container in the freezer for up to two months, but you'll probably finish them before!
Making these ice cream sandwiches is super simple. here are a few tips to make sure they come out great every time!
- Use a sturdy cookie! This is very important because the cookie will hold the whole sandwich together. If the cookie is too crumbly, the sandwich may fall apart.
- Don't underbake the cookies. Sometimes, slightly underbaking cookies is okay to achieve the gooey texture, but again, the cookie needs to be able to hold the ice cream.
- Be creative with your ice cream sandwiches. Add sprinkles, crunchies, or any ice cream topping to the sides of the ice cream.
Related recipes you may love
Here are more delicious recipes I think you’ll love! You can serve these ice cream sandwiches alongside other desserts or make them another time.
Have you tried this recipe? Consider leaving a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page. Or, consider following me on Facebook or Instagram! Thanks for visiting.
Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 packages Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough or other place & bake gluten free cookie dough
- 1 ½ pints ice cream of choice or an assortment of ice cream I used chocolate, vanilla & raspberry swirl Oatly Oat Milk Ice Cream
- Bake cookies according to package directions. Allow to cool completely then set in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Next, allow ice cream to soften at room temperature, about 10 minutes, only if it’s hard to scoop.
- Scoop a ball of ice cream onto the bottom side of 1 cookie. Add another cookie to top off the ice cream and form a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining cookies & ice cream until 12 ice cream cookie sandwiches are formed.
- Store in the freezer in a container or ziplock for up to 2 months.
- I love Sweet Loren's Cookie Dough but feel free to use any gluten free cookie dough you prefer or have on hand.
- Make this recipe your own by adding different flavor ice creams or even pressing add-ons such as mini chocolate chips into the sides of the sandwich.
Leave a Reply