These Sausage & Date Stuffed Mushrooms with Almonds will blow your mind with their sticky texture and sweet & savory flavor! Plus, they’re naturally gluten-free, dairy-free & are the perfect Passover recipe.
Want a Passover recipe that is unique & insanely good, tasting like you’re at a fancy restaurant? These Sausage & Date Stuffed Mushrooms with Almonds are your new go-to dinner addition!
This recipe uses a few ingredients & is packed with flavor. Let’s run through the process!
The steps to making this dish are quite simple, and don’t require much prep!
First off, the majority of the ingredients will get sautéed in a pan in stages, including the scallions, garlic, sausage, date paste & wine. Then, salt, pepper, and parsley will be added!
Once the filling is made, you’ll season the mushrooms with a bit of olive oil, salt & pepper.
Fill the mushroom caps with the meat filling.
Next, bake for 15 minutes until the mushrooms become darker and soft. Then, remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped nuts!
I hope you love this Sausage & Date Stuffed Mushrooms recipe & give it a try for your next meal, holiday, or any occasion! Also, if you want to wow your family with one of the best dishes of their lives, you’ve got to make this.
- 20 Baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned & stems removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 scallions/green onions, finely sliced (set some aside as garnish)
- 3 pre-cooked sausage* links (any flavor you love), chopped into small cubes
- ¼ cup sweet red wine
- ¼ cup date paste/spread
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped or sliced almonds, as garnish (toasted if possible)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and prepare a 9”x 13” baking pan greased with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat 2-tablespoons olive oil in a skillet & add scallions & garlic. Cook 2-4 minutes until fragrant. Be sure not to burn the garlic.
- Next, add in the chopped sausage and cook about 6-8 until slightly crispy.
- Mix in the date paste and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, on medium heat, stirring every minute.
- Add wine to the pan to deglaze, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste along with the parsley. Then, turn off the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mushrooms, 1 tablespoon olive oil & sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss to coat the mushrooms.
- Place the mushrooms into the prepared baking pan.
- Spoon the date-sausage mixture into each of the mushroom caps, in the pan.
- Bake mushrooms for 10-12 minutes.
- Then, sprinkle with chopped nuts & bake an additional 2 minutes to toast the nuts.
- Add scallions as garnish before serving. Enjoy!
I love using Jack's Gourmet Sweet Italian Cured Beef Sausage, plus it's certified Kosher for Passover!