This Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread is soft and fluffy filled with little pockets of chocolate goodness!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
To make this moist & spiced pumpkin bread you will need a handful of ingredients you probably already have on hand (plus some oat flour if you haven't stocked up on it!)
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- Bob’s Red Mill gluten free oat flour
- Bob’s Red Mill gluten free rolled oats
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground ginger
- Large eggs
- Granulated sugar
- Light or dark brown sugar
- Pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- Vegetable oil, canola oil, or melted coconut oil
- Oat milk
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips, chunks or chopped chocolate
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN BREAD
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, including: 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour, Gluten Free Oat Flour, Gluten Free Rolled Oats, Baking Soda, Ground Ginger, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Cinnamon and Salt.
- Combine the liquid ingredients in a medium bowl, including: Eggs, Sugars, Pumpkin Puree, Oil and Oat Milk.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter!
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 70-90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before enjoying!
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT PUMPKIN BREAD
What can I add to pumpkin bread?
I choose to add chocolate chunks (my favorite), but you can use any nut such as walnuts or even chopped pecans!
Can I use canned pumpkin?
Yes!! I highly recommend buying canned purred pumpkin because it is super consistent and easy to use & find in the store.
What if I don't have canned pumpkin. Can I use fresh pumpkin?
Yes! You can roast a pumpkin until softened, the cool, scoop out the pumpkin and blend until it's a smooth puree.
How long should I cool the pumpkin bread for?
Allow the pumpkin bread to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes to ensure it doesn't fall apart.
What is the best way to store pumpkin bread?
The pumpkin bread will keep for 2 days on the counter and up to 5 days in the fridge (wrapped tightly in plastic wrap).
Can one freeze pumpkin bread?
Yes! This pumpkin bread can be frozen up to 3 months wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and then placed into a ziplock.
OTHER RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- Dark Chocolate Orange Cake
- Gluten Free Apple Pudding Cake with Caramel Syrup
- Gluten Free Apple Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Apple Pie Honey Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1, 15 oz can pumpkin puree canned or fresh, approximately 1 ½ cups
- ½ cup vegetable oil canola oil, or melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup oat milk or other milk option
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9” loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, oat flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, oil and oat milk.
- Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 80-90 minutes, in the center rack of the oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing.