Think about the most dreamy and creamy Risotto dish packed with bursting flavorful confit tomatoes and garlic. This Tomato & Garlic Confit Risotto is truly magical!
This post is sponsored by Pure Flavor®. All opinions are my own.
Many people find Risotto to be intimidating, because of the semi extensive process to make it. After making this recipe three times, it has become second nature. This recipe is very straightforward and will outline for you how to make perfect creamy and luscious Risotto every time!
This Tomato and Garlic Confit Risotto is gluten free and dairy free! Yes, it is creamy and cheesy, but there is no dairy involved. Risotto is naturally gluten free since it is simply made of arborio rice, a stock, wine and aromatics; quite simple and packed with flavor.
Here's how to make it!
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
- Organic Pure Flavor® Juno Bites Red Grape Tomatoes
- Fresh Garlic
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Fresh thyme
- Sugar or honey
- Yellow onion
- Arborio rice
- Salt and pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Vegetable stock or chicken stock
- Dry white or red wine
- Vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
I LOVE using the Organic Pure Flavor® Juno Bites Red Grape Tomatoes in this recipe because they are incredibly sweet and bursting with flavor. Plus, they keep fresh on my counter for up to 2 weeks which is incredible to me! They fit so perfectly into this recipe, and I love using any leftover tomatoes for snacking while I work and cooking into all sorts of dishes throughout the week.
Thank you again to Pure Flavor® for sponsoring this recipe! It's such a favorite in my home now.
HOW TO MAKE RISOTTO FROM SCRATCH
- Prepare the Confit Tomato and Garlic by combining them in a pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Mix and sprinkle with sugar. Bake low and slow!
- Make the risotto by sautéing onions and garlic on the stove.
- Mix in the arborio rice, spices and wine. Let win cook out.
- Slowly add in ⅓ cup of hot broth at a time and cook in between, stirring frequently.
- Mix confit tomatoes and garlic into risotto. Enjoy!
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT RISOTTO
Can I add all the stock at once?
No way! This recipe is a labor of love. Adding the warm stock in slowly, in increments, will give your risotto the creamy al-dente texture you're looking for. Please don't skip this crucial step.
Can I double this risotto recipe?
For sure! Feel free to double this recipe, just be aware that it may take a bit longer to cook.
Can I use dairy cheese in this recipe?
Yes! I always opt for a vegan cheese since I have a dairy sensitivity, but feel free to use dairy parmesan if that works for you.
How does Risotto hold up as leftovers?
If planning to serve this Risotto to guest, make it the day of. It will be the best if made that day! I do eat leftovers for 2-3 days after and they're super delicious, just slightly less creamy than when they're first prepared.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Gluten Free Mujadara (Lentils and Rice with Caramelized Onions)
- Oat Milk Rice Pudding
- Salmon Quinoa Caesar Salad
- Gluten Free Greek-Style Panzanella Salad