You will love these crispy Smashed Potatoes served with my fabulous Vegan Ranch Dip!
After making these Smashed Potatoes with Vegan Ranch Dip a couple of months ago (for the first time), I became hooked and have been making this dish ever since. If you never tried Smashed Potatoes before, you are in for a treat!
Who doesn’t love crispy baked potatoes?!?!
These Smashed Potatoes:
- Require 1 main ingredient (aka potatoes) along with oil, and spices.
- Are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Are the simples side-dish ever!
- Are a huge crowd pleaser.
The Vegan Ranch Dip:
- Is a versatile dip best served with these Smashed Potatoes or my Crispy-Crunchy Cauliflower Wings.
- Has a similar texture to sour cream.
- Is filled with an abundance of fresh herbs.
- Is extremely flavorful!
- Is super smooth.
- Is vegan, Gluten-Free, Corn-Free.
Now, it’s time to make these Smashed Potatoes with Vegan Ranch Dip!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 4-5 servings, as a side dish
1 1/2 pounds baby russet potatoes, washed
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 batch vegan ranch dip
- Preheat the oven to 450℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the rinsed potatoes onto the pan and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Then, smash each potato using a fork or potato masher.
- Drizzle another 2 tablespoons of oil over the potatoes. Then bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of the ranch dip.
If serving the potatoes another day, allow the potatoes to cool, cover the pan with aluminum foil, and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, reheat the potatoes at 350℉ for 15-20 minutes. Then remove from the oven and scoop a dollop of the vegan ranch dip over each potato.