It's way easier than you think to make perfectly crispy and sweet Gluten Free French Fried Onions!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THESE
- Tapioca starch or potato starch
- White rice flour
- Canola oil
- Sea salt
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE FRENCH ONIONS
- Slice the shallots thinly, and make sure to shingle each piece so that pieces seperate well.
- Next, add the sliced shallots to a bowl and mix in the starch and white rice flour. Toss well to coat the shallots in the dry ingredients.
- Heat ½-inch oil in a pan and test 1 shallot by dropping it in. If it sizzles, it's time to fry!
- Fry the shallots in 3-4 batches, making sure now to overcrowd the pan.
- Drain shallots onto a paper-towel lined plate or pan.
- Season with a sprinkle of salt! Enjoy!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT GLUTEN FREE FRENCH ONIONS
Which gluten free flour do I use for gluten free French onions?
I highly recommend the combination of potato starch or tapioca starch mixed with white rice flour. It makes for a crispy shallot! If you don't have either of these on hand, you can opt for a gluten free flour blend or ever corn starch.
Do you have a recipe using these gluten free French fried onions?
Yes! You can use them in my Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole recipe here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Salmon Quinoa Caesar Salad
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
- Gluten Free Apple Muffins with Crumb Topping
- To Die For Blueberry Muffins