Hello, One-Pot Chicken Quinoa! This easy, 1 pot dish, made with simple pantry & refrigerated ingredients will leave you satiated and wanting more!
I am all about using basic ingredients from my fridge and turning them into guest-worthy meals! I think this quinoa-chicken dish is a great example and a way in which one can use up their leftover vegetables, grains, and poultry to create a cohesive dish in no time.
The benefits of one-pot meals
• Way fewer dishes to use & clean! All you'll need is a pot, cutting board, knife & measuring cups/spoons (feel free to omit if you're confident with eyeballing ingredients)
• Time - There's no in-and-out of the oven! You're saving time as a result of using fewer dishes.
• Easy to serve! When making a 1-pot meal, you reduce the serving spoons, forks, & plates that are typically used.
• Stores all in one container!
How to make this One-Pot Chicken Quinoa
If you're confident in the kitchen, I say chop and prep as you go with the recipe. That is how I typically cook. But, if you find this method of cooking more intimidating and unorganized, you can definitely set out all your ingredients first, chopped & prepped so the cooking process will be even faster!
Next, you'll slowly start cooking the vegetables (in the order listed in the recipe), eventually adding the chicken, then the quinoa, liquid, herbs & seasoning! Then, cook for 25-30 minutes.
Can you believe how easy it is to make this dish?!
I'd consider this One-Pot Chicken Quinoa a form of comfort food. It's warm, earthy, & packed with fresh ingredients!
Let me know if you give the recipe and try and if you have any tweaks/changes you make to the recipe.
One-Pot Chicken Quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 8-10 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 ½” cubes
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 1 ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- Heat oil in a medium pot with high sides over medium heat, and add diced onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, mix in diced red pepper, garlic & mushrooms. Cook on a medium-high flame for 5-8 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften and the mushrooms release their moisture.
- Mix in cubed chicken breast and cook about 5 minutes, until halfway cooked.
- Add the quinoa and cook to toast the quinoa for about 1 minute.
- Pour the water into the pot of chicken/veggies and mix in parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper. Place the sprigs of rosemary on top of the liquid in the pot.
- Turn the stove to high heat and bring liquid to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low to bring the liquid to a simmer and cover the pot.
- Allow the quinoa-chicken dish to cook for 25-30 minutes, on low heat, or until all the water is absorbed. Check on the quinoa at the 20 minute mark, but most likely there will still be liquid and you’ll need to cook longer.
- Once the liquid is absorbed, turn off the heat and allow the dish to sit on the stove, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Then, uncover the pot & serve with lemon wedges so people can add a small squeeze before eating. Enjoy!